TRANSPORT STRATEGIES FOR THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
This report assesses Russia's transportation sector and offers courses of action to arrest its decline and to manage its transition to a system more suited to a market-based economy. The study covers railways, road transport, urban passenger transport, highways, ports, maritime and river transport, airlines and civil aviation, and transport equipment manufacturing. It reports on the infrastructure assets, the institutional framework, and the operating and financial performance of each mode. The study also analyzes the economic role and fiscal impact of each mode on the national economy and assesses how that role may change in the future. On the basis of this analysis, a strategy for change is developed, along with recommendations for the Government of the Russian Federation to help the transport sector adapt to its new market role.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0821326252
- Library of Congress catalog card no. 93-32003. Microfiche copies only. Paper copy available from World Bank Publications, P.O. Box 7247-8619, Philadelphia, PA, 19170-8619.
World Bank1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20433
- Holt, J
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 275 p.
- TRT Terms: Businesses; Economic development; Market assessment; Planning; Strategic planning; Technology; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: Russia (Federation)
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation sector
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I21: Planning of Transport Infrastructure;
- Accession Number: 00670220
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0821326252
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper-9
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 5 1994 12:00AM