IDENTIFYING THE PROBLEM DRINKER IN A COURT SETTING
"Excessive drinker", a quantitative description, is defined and suggested as a substitute for the qualitative term "problem drinker." The majority of drinking drivers appearing in court are excessive drinkers. Under present methods of detecting drinking drivers on the road, a court appearance in itself seems a fairly reliable indication of excessive drinking habits. (Author)
- Presented at the Expert Group on Road Safety's meeting on "Road Safety and the Law", Sydney, Australia, August, 1973.
ARRB Group Limited500 Burwood Highway
Vermont South, Victoria 3133
- Raymond, A E
- Publication Date: 1973-8-3
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Problem drivers; Traffic simulation
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132165
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 16
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 23 1977 12:00AM