This book documents the rise in suburban traffic around the country and examines the role of various planning, design, and management approaches in attenuating the automobile's growing presence in suburbia. The book highlights suburban business complexes and mixed-use centers throughout the U.S. that have been planned and designed to reduce auto dependency and to promote ridesharing, transit usage, and other commuting alternatives. Case studies offer insights into the many institutional and logistical problems.
Chicago, IL United States 60637-2897
- Cervero, R
- Publication Date: 1986
- Pagination: 248 p.
- TRT Terms: Business districts; Commuting; Highway planning; Ridesharing; Suburbs; Traffic; Traffic congestion
- Old TRIS Terms: Traffic planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00669405
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 29 1994 12:00AM