IMPROVED TAXIWAY EXIT IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM
A prototype enhanced visual taxiway identification system, consisting of a segment of green lights imbedded within the conventional runway centerline lighting system, was developed and tested at the Federal Aviation Administration Technical Center. Results of the combined developmental/evaluational effort indicated that the system may be expected to provide enhanced and effective identification of taxiway exit locations at minimum cost.
Mitech, IncorporatedPleasantville, NJ United States
- Katz, E
- Paprocki, T
- Publication Date: 1994-2
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport operations; Airport runways; Green interval (Traffic signal cycle); Identification systems; Taxiways
- Old TRIS Terms: Exits
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00669210
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-FAA-CT-TN93-49
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 19 1994 12:00AM