TRANSIT FARE POLICIES AND STRATEGIES
The purpose of the project is to develop a long-term fare policy for the Metro-Dade Transit Agency (MDTA). This work takes into account existing and historical fare structures in Dade County, fare policies at other multimodal transit agencies, transfer policies, treatment of intermodal fares, discounts for multi-trip purchases, time-of-day differentials, and distance-based fares. Additional issues related to technology and publicity are also presented. Magnetic fare cards and "smart cards" are among the most important technological improvements in fare collection in recent years, and the potentials and pitfalls of this technology are discussed.
- Prepared for: Metro-Dade Transit Agency, Miami, Florida.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1994-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Fare collection; Fares; Magnetic farecards; Smart cards; Tickets; Tokens
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fare structure; Magnetic cards
- Old TRIS Terms: Fare policy
- Subject Areas: Finance; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00669105
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 15 1994 12:00AM