FINAL REPORT ON ADA IMPACTS ON FLORIDA'S TD PROGRAMS
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) requires public transit systems to provide paratransit service as a complement to their fixed-route system. This ADA paratransit service affects, directly or indirectly, sixteen (25%) community transportation coordinators (CTCs) in Florida. The Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR) conducted a short study of these impacts in late 1993 at the request of the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantages (CTD). CUTR examined 1993 ADA paratransit plans and interviewed officials at CTCs and transit systems. The report summmarizes the results.
- Prepared for the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged.
University of South Florida, TampaCenter for Urban Transportation Research, 4202 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, FL United States 33620-5375
- Publication Date: 1994-7
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Community action programs; Fixed routes; Paratransit services; Public transit
- Identifier Terms: Americans with Disabilities Act
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00669095
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1994 12:00AM