CONCISE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF TRAFFIC & TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. FIRST EDITION
This volume consists of 118 articles written by 135 authors from 16 countries, providing an overview and a first reference to models, control methods and practical aspects of current and future road, rail, air, and maritime traffic and transportation systems, with particular emphasis being placed on efficient utilization of available infrastructure. The articles may be classified into the following groups: (1) General Aspects; (2) Road Traffic Measurements and Communications; (3) Traffic Modelling and Simulation; (4) Road Traffic Control; (5) Freeway Traffic Control; (6) General Traffic Networks; (7) Automated Vehicle Traffic; (8) Rail Transport; (9) Air Traffic Control; and (10) Sea Transport.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0080362036
Pergamon Press, IncorporatedMaxwell House, Fairview Park
Elmsford, NY United States 10523
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 676 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air transportation; Encyclopedias; High speed rail; Highway transportation; Mathematical models; Navigation systems; Public transit; Railroad transportation; Subways; Traffic assignment; Traffic control; Traffic simulation; Transportation; Transportation planning; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation models
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I72: Traffic and Transport Planning; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00668922
- Record Type: Publication
- ISBN: 0080362036
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 4 1994 12:00AM