CONCRETE BRIDGES IN AGGRESSIVE ENVIRONMENTS. PHILIP D. CADY INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM, MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA, NOVEMBER 9-10, 1993
This symposium volume includes 15 papers on concrete bridges in aggressive environments. The papers address the performance, protection, assessment, and the repair and rehabilitation of concrete bridges. The papers are as follows: Field Performance of Latex-Modified and Low-Slump Dense Concrete Bridge Deck Overlays in the United States, W.P. Chamberlin and R.E. Weyers; Corrosion of Prestressed Reinforcing Steel in Concrete Bridges: State-of-the-Art, M. Nagi and D. Whiting; Condition Assessment of Field Structures with Calcium Nitrite, N.S. Berke, M.C. Hicks, and R.J. Hoopes; Field Studies of Corrosion in Prestressed Concrete Bridges, D. Whiting and B.G. Stejskal; Evaluation of Dampproofing Performance and Effective Penetration Depth of Silane Sealers in Concrete, P.D. Carter; Investigations into the Effect of Coatings on Water Distribution in Concrete Using Multi-Ring Electrodes, P. Schiessl, W. Breit, and M. Raupach; Waterproofing of Concrete Structures--10 Years of Experience with Spray-Applied PU Elastomers, K. Recker; The Role of Concrete Mix Design in the Corrosion of Steel in Reinforced Concrete, M.L. Sennour, H.G. Wheat, and R.L. Carrasquillo; Corrosion Rate Measurements in Reinforced Concrete Structures by a Linear Polarization Device, J.P. Broomfield, J. Rodriguez, L.M. Ortega, and A.M. Garcia; Errors in the On-Site Measurements of Rebar Corrosion Rates Arising from Signal Unconfinement, S. Feliu, J.A. Gonzalez, and C. Andrade; Computer Simulation of Apparent Diffusion in Decks with Concrete Overlays, P.C. Hoffman and R.E. Weyers; Rehabilitating Corrosion Damaged Bridges Through the Electrochemical Migration of Chloride Ions, D.G. Manning and A.K.C. Ip; Rehabilitation of Verrazano Narrows Bridge Approach Roadway Decks in New York City, S.K. Ojha; Field Prestressing Repairs to Precast Concrete Bridge Girders, R.S. Lanyi; and Structural Repair; Texas, Piedras, Raynor Street Bridge, El Paso, Texas, Spring 1992, R. Navarro, R.J. Bucheral, R.J. Gulyas, and C. Glasscock.
Detroit, MI United States 48219
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 304 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Calcium nitrite; Coatings; Concrete; Concrete bridges; Condition surveys; Conferences; Corrosion; Corrosion resistant materials; Densification; Driver rehabilitation; Elastomers; Girders; Latex modified concrete; Mix design; Overlays (Pavements); Performance; Prestressed concrete bridges; Reinforced concrete bridges; Reinforcing steel; Repairing; Sealing compounds; Silane; Slump test; State of the art studies; Waterproofing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Field performance; Penetration depth; Rehabilitation; Repairs
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00668907
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: ACI SP-151
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 2 1994 12:00AM