EVALUATION OF THE "DUECKER AND OUDENRIJN" TELEVISION PROGRAMME
EVALUATIE VAN HET TELEVISIEPROGRAMMA "DUECKER EN OUDENRIJN"
This paper describes an evaluation study into the "Duecker and Oudenrijn" television series. The first series of 16 "Duecker and Oudenrijn" programmes was shown in January 1991 - May 1991. This series is a continuation of the "Familie Oudenrijn" television programme. The aim of the "Duecker and Oudenrijn" series was to make a specific contribution to a step by step change in the Dutch population's transport and traffic behaviour. Points of interest are: (1) environmental nuisance; (2) road hazard; and (3) traffic congestion. The evaluation study consisted of the following substudies: (i) interviews with both media experts, and with traffic and transport experts; (ii) interviews with officials of regional traffic and transport organizations; (iii) a content analysis of a number of programmes of the series; and (iv) a telephone interview among the Dutch population. The overall conclusion is that the "Duecker and Oudenrijn" series was appreciated positively by viewers, even more positive than in previous years. However, there were relatively few people who watched the series. The proportion of 25-49 year-olds among the viewers was not greater than in previous years. The goals were not realized. Additionally, the series was strongly criticised by both media experts and by traffic and transport experts.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Hagenzieker, M P
- Wittink, R D
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- Issue Number: R-91-22
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Environment; Evaluation and assessment; Interviewing; Population; Publicity; Safety; Television; Traffic; Transportation modes
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- ITRD Terms: 9001: Behaviour; 2455: Environment; 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 9147: Interview; 8078: Netherlands; 335: Population; 8573: Publicity; 1665: Safety; 6949: Television; 755: Traffic; 1145: Transport mode
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00668541
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Nov 16 1994 12:00AM