PROPERTY, TRANSPORT AND DISTRIBUTION
The report is a study of the warehousing market and its effect on a broad range of property issues. Warehouses are difficult to classify in terms of their function, physical size and the value that they add to the commercial process. Over the last thirty years the significance of cost and operational efficiency has increased the importance of inventories and changes in procedure designed to reduce stockholding at all stages have affected the size and nature of all warehouses required. Changes in technology have also had a similar effect on manufacturing processes and complex high-volume products are now made to order. Automated warehouses are able to function at very high densities. The report clarifies the distribution process in terms of its effect on property and examines the potential long-term impact on distribution of changes in infrastructure. The specification of warehouse property in different markets is also defined and future trends in the factors underlying warehouse property are examined.
KING STURGE & CO7 STRATFORD PLACE
LONDON, United Kingdom W1N 9AE
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Land use; Logistics; Networks; Roads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Modifications; Road networks; Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- ITRD Terms: 741: Goods traffic; 356: Land use; 264: Logistics; 9048: Modification; 1054: Network (traffic); 1053: Road network; 8119: United Kingdom
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00668353
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Nov 2 1994 12:00AM