ACCESSIBLE VEHICLES: HOW ARE WE GETTING ON?
The Accessible Vehicle Working Party (AVWP) of the London Committee on Accessible Transport (LCAT) has prepared these guidelines primarily for the use of local authority education and social services departments in the United Kingdom when drafting specifications for fully accessible vehicles. The aim is to bring together the best practice and guidelines for the operation of small vehicles. Features covered include steps, doorways, handrails, gangways, seating, flooring, heating, destination information, requirements for wheelchair users, safety restraints, storage, and low cost adaptations.
LONDON ACCESSIBLE TRANSPORT UNITBRITANNIA HOUSE
1-11 GLENTHORNE ROAD, LONDON United Kingdom W6 OLF
- GREEN, I(CH)
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Buses; Equipment; Minibuses; Mobility; Persons with disabilities; Safety; Standards
- ITRD Terms: 9139: Accessibility; 1726: Disabled person; 3674: Equipment; 1263: Minibus; 9105: Mobility (pers); 1665: Safety; 187: Specification (standard)
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00667988
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Nov 2 1994 12:00AM