EMERGENCY SERVICES GUIDE FOR SELECTED HAZARDOUS MATERIALS; SPILLS, FIRE, EVACUATION AREA
The information presented in this manual was developed to provide a guide on actions to be taken to minimize the immediate hazard impact of spills incountered in the bulk transportation of certain selected hazardous materials. The spill guides are divided into a left and a right side. The left side contains information and recommendations similar to those proposed by the Depart of Transportation, or safety documents developed by other organizations and industries. The right side contains information not known to be available from any other source. Recommended exclusion areas in case of a spill of the materials and exclusion distances covering ignition control and blast effects for some flammable materials are presented.
Department of TransportationOffice of Hazardous Materials, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Blast loads; Disasters and emergency operations; Evacuation; Fires; Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Hazards and emergency operations; Highway safety; Manuals; Spills (Pollution)
- Old TRIS Terms: Blasts; Spillage
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT P 5800.1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 23 2000 12:00AM