HIGHWAY INFRASTRUCTURE: QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS WOULD SAFEGUARD BILLIONS OF DOLLARS ALREADY INVESTED
In response to section 1043 of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991, this report reviews states' experiences with using warranties in highway contracts, identifies efforts to provide adequate maintenance for highways built with federal assistance (federal-aid highways), and identifies opportunities for improving states' procedures for selecting pavement designs.
- Record URL:
- Report to Congressional Committees.
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1994-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Contracts; Federal aid highways; Highway maintenance; Pavement design; Warranty
- Identifier Terms: Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991
- Uncontrolled Terms: Selecting; Warranties
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; I10: Economics and Administration; I22: Design of Pavements, Railways and Guideways; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00667607
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: GAO/RCED-94-198
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1994 12:00AM