SOCIOLOGY OF THE ACCIDENT-INVOLVED
The notion that road safety can be improved through court treatment of offenders requires assessment in the light of information concerning the sociology of the accident-involved. This paper presents findings regarding traffic and criminal offences of samples of drivers involved in serious accidents. (A)
- Presented at the Expert Group on Road Safety's meeting on "Road Safety and the Law", 2-3 August, 1973, Sydney Australia.
Royal Brisbane HospitalHerston, Queensland, Australia
- Jamieson, K G
- Publication Date: 1973-8
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Courts; Crashes; Crimes; Highway safety; Social factors; Traffic violators
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00132076
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 123
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM