A DRIVER TRAINING PROGRAM FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE DRIVERS (MINIMUM STANDARD NOVICE TRUCK DRIVER TRAINING)
The fundemental objective of the study was to develop a performance-based curricula for novice truck drivers based upon an analysis of the motor carrier driver's task. Further objectives include a curricula of detailed training to be performed in the classroom as well as behind the wheel; enty level requirements; requirements for sucessful completion of the training program; guidelines for training programs; specification of a long-term plan for test evaluation and validation of the training program.
- Sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration, Bureau of Motor Currier Safety.
Rowland and CompanyP.O. Box 61
Haddonfield, NJ United States 08033
- Roland, G E
- Kao, HSR
- KENNEDY, J C
- Kurzenabe, R A
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Curricula; Driver training; Specifications; Truck drivers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&C 74-12-120 Final Rpt., BMCS RD 75-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7988
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM