BOFORS FLARES FOR GREATER MARINE SECURITY?
The 71 mm Lyran Flare Shell and 57 mm Flare Rocket, both manufactured by Bofors, the Swedish armaments manufacturer, are described. Originally developed for combat, the flares are claimed capable of being successfully used at sea for combating smuggling, for illuminating vessels engaged in the illegal release of oil under cover of darkness, and for rescue work.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02688662
- Journal article
- Falk, O
- Dawson, S
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 1-1/2p.
- Shipbuilding Technology International (UK)
- ISSN: 0268-8662
- TRT Terms: Flares; Security
- Old TRIS Terms: Bofors lyran flares; Product descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00661394
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM