TRAFFIC SPEED AND CASUALTIES; EPIDEMIOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF TRAFFIC SPEED AND SPEED LIMITATIONS. PROCEEDINGS
Traffic speed and speed limitations are examined and elucidated tramatologically, biomechanically and epidemiologically. The following fields of interest were discussed: Evaluation of traffic risk; traffic rejulations; fatal and non-fatal road accidents; traffic models and traffic flow characteristics; severity of lisions in regard to velocity changes; brain susceptibility to velocity changes; data collection; and, experiences of select countries with actual speed limitations.
- Presented at the International Interdisciplinary Symposium, 22-24 April, 1975, Funen, Denmark. Sponsored by the Danish Medical Research Council and the Danish Council for Scientific and Industrial Research.
Odense University Press230 Hajallesevej
- NORDENTOFT, E L
- Nielsen, H V
- Wallin, J
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 239 p.
- TRT Terms: Biophysics; Brain; Epidemiology; Fatalities; Injuries; Speed limits; Traffic crashes; Traffic flow; Traffic regulations; Traffic speed; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132060
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 29 1977 12:00AM