METHOD OF GELLING TANKER CARGOES
The instant disclosure is directed to a method for solidifying marine tanker hydrocarbon cargoes to prevent the escape of the hydrocarbon from damaged compartments. The formation of suitable gels contain the hydrocarbon and thus avoid pollution of the sea and nearby shores. Gelling agents are disclosed which permit gellation to occur at a controlled rate, making them particularly suitable for use abroad tankers.
- U.S. Patent Application No. 748,599, patented January 11, 1972 Assignee Esso Research and Engineering Co. Patent No. 3,634,050.
Esso Research and Engineering CompanyFlorham Park, NJ United States 07932
- Corino, E R
- Brodericer, E F
- Canevari, G P
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Containing equipment; Crude oil; Gels; Oil spill cleanup; Petroleum refining
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil gelation; Oil gelling agents; Oil spill containment; Oil spill control
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032747
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 28 1972 12:00AM