ALCOHOL, DRUGS, AND TRAFFIC SAFETY, PROCEEDINGS
This book contains papers delivered at the 6th International Conference on Alcohol, Drugs, and Traffic Safety held in Toronto, Canada, September 8-13, 1974, in association with the International Committee on Alcohol, Drugs, and Traffic Safety, and the International Council on Alcohol and Addictions. The Conference brought together specialists from over thirty countries representing such varied fields as social and physical research, counseling, education, technology, medicine, and the law. The ninety-three papers are divided into five sections: the epidemiology of alcohol and drug related traffic accidents; pharmacological pysiological, and psychological aspects relevant to driving impairment; analytical aspects; control and prevention; and public education and information. Papers report current research and also deal with history, problems, and criticisms of work in the area in various countries. Many authors also give suggestions for future research and for ways of dealing with drinking-driving and drug-driving problems of the future.
- Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of Alcohol, Drugs, and Traffic Safety, Toronto, September 8-13, 1974. Sponsored by the Addiction Research Foundation, Toronto, the International Committee on Alcohol and Traffic Safety, International Council on Alcoholism and Addictions, Lousanne.
International Conf on Alcohol, Drugs & Traf SafetyToronto, Canada
- Israelstam, S
- LAMBERT, S
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 956 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcohols; Conferences; Drug effects; Drugs; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Epidemiology; Physiological aspects; Psychological aspects; Public policy; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Public interest
- Old TRIS Terms: Pharmacologic effect
- Subject Areas: Highways; Policy; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00132012
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM