AN HISTORICAL OVERVIEW OF RESEARCH IN TRAFFIC ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION ACTIVITIES
Two previous reviews of the research aspects of traffic accident investigations are used as starting points for presenting an up-date of accident investigation activites, both in the U.S. and in foreign countries. Elements of national accident investigation programs are discussed as well as areas of current accident investigation technology. An international accident investigation feasibility study under the auspice of NATO is also studied.
- Proceedings of the Society of Automotive Engineers, Automobile Engineering Meeting, 13-17 October 1975, Detroit, Michigan.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- BAIRD, J D
- Flamboe, E E
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash investigation; Feasibility analysis; Foreign; History; Multidisciplinary teams; Research; Traffic crashes
- Subject Areas: Highways; History; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131953
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE #750891 Proceeding
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1977 12:00AM