ACTIVE SUSPENSIONS FOR GROUND TRANSPORT VEHICLE-A STATE OF THE ART REVIEW
This paper surveys the state-of-the-art in ground transport vehicle active suspension development and research. The advantages and disadvantages of active suspensions are discussed. Suspension performance criteria and techniques for design and optimization of active suspensions are reviewed. Applications of active suspensions in automotive, rail and tracked levitated air cushion and magnetic suspensions are cited. Finally current and future directions of active suspension research are discussed.
- Proceedings of a conference of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Winter Annual Meeting, Nov. 30-Dec. 5, 1975, Houston, Texas. Original title "Mechanics of Transportation Supension Systems."
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Hedrick, J K
- Womley, P N
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Ground transportation; Magnetic levitation; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Optimization; State of the art studies; Suspensions; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131949
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM