FLOODABLE LENGTH COMPUTER PROGRAM MDO51
The calculation method presented allows computation of the length of a ship's compartment and the longitudinal position of its midlength which, when flooded, will sink the ship to a specified trimmed waterline. Bonjean data on disk file is required. The program is part of the Hull Scientific Program Package which also consists of Bonjeans, Hydrostatics, Capacities and Damaged Stability computer programs. The program is written in Fortran 4 and requires a memory of about 19,000 words.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Seibold, F
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Floods
- Old TRIS Terms: Bonjean curves; Floodable length curves; Flooding calculation
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00032741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1973 12:00AM