DESIGN OF SPHERICAL SHIPBORNE LNG CARGO TANKS
The paper deals with the analysis and design of the spherical Moss-Rosenberg-type cargo tanks being employed in the General Dynamics 125,000 cubic meter LNG ships. The discussion includes: Tank design requirements; Determination of dynamic forces; Determination of hull-tank interaction; Tank stress analysis; Tank stability analysis; Fracture mechanics analysis. An overview of methods of analysis and significant results is presented.
- Presented at the San Diego Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Glasfeld, R D
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Liquefied gases; Liquefied natural gas; Stresses; Tankers; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng tank design; Tank design; Tank stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131942
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM