WATERJET DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS FOR HIGH-SPEED CREWBOATS
This paper delineates the history and development of waterjet technology with direct application to high-speed crew/supply boats. Predictions of performance and development of unique materials, processes, and manufacturer techniques are presented. The techniques utilized to produce lightweight waterjets that operate in the marine environment with high performance and long maintenance free life are shown. Schematic layouts of a typical high-speed crew/supply boat propulsion system and description of the power train elements are detailed.
- Presented at the San Diego Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Heckart, C L
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Boats; Pleasure craft; Supply vessels; Vehicle performance; Waterjet propelled craft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Small craft
- Old TRIS Terms: Crew boats; Waterjet propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM