POWERING BY TAYLOR STANDARD SERIES COMPUTER PROGRAM MDO34
A powering program is discussed which permits the calculation of effective and shaft horsepower using the computational procedure shown in DTMB Report No. 806. The program searches for residuary resistance coefficients based on speed length ratio, prismatic coefficient and volumetric coefficient from data on a disk file. Wetted surface coefficients are determined by the program. Shaft horsepower can be computed by entering values for relative rotative, hull, propeller and mechanical efficiencies, and a service allowance. The program is written in Fortran 4 and requires a memory of about 15,000 words.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Seibold, F
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Fluid resistance; Hulls
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hull resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Power prediction; Service allowance; Wetted surface calculation
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032740
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1973 12:00AM