BONJEANS AND HYDROSTATICS COMPUTER PROGRAM MEOO1
A method is presented to compute bonjean and hydrostatic properties of a ship using sectional offset data. Integration is done vertically using straight line and circle approximations, and longitudinally using Simpsons Rule. The program is part of the Hull Scientific Program Package which also consists of Floodable Length, Capacities and Damaged Stability, and Longitudinal Strength. Communication between the programs is accomplished through the use of a data file containing bonjeans data and offsets. Program is written in Fortran 4 and requires a memory of about 19,000 words.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Seibold, F
- Publication Date: 1971-9
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Buoyancy; Hydrostatic pressure; Hydrostatics
- Old TRIS Terms: Bonjean curves; Hydrostatic loading
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00032739
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 21 1973 12:00AM