AN OVERVIEW OF THE OFFSHORE PLATFORM INDUSTRY
An overview of the offshore platform industry is presented tracing its history from the early offshore platforms in Texas and Louisiana to the present large installations in the North Sea. Included also is a step by step description covering the design, fabrication, and installation of an offshore platform for the Gulf of Mexico.
- Presented at the New England Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Reeves, H W
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Force; Offshore platforms; Offshore structures; Waves
- Old TRIS Terms: Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM