DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS COVERING THE APPLICATION OF CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLERS AND THRUSTERS IN 1000 FT' GREAT LAKES ORE CARRIERS
The application of controllable pitch propellers and thrusters, in Great Lakes Ore Carriers, or specifically, 1000 foot Great Lakes Ore Carriers, is not a new concept. The intent of this paper is to review the advantages of such application and to describe a particular installation and those design considerations which the propeller and thruster designer considered important in this application. A new concept of control, which may or may not be applicable to Great Lakes vessels, is also discussed.
- Presented at the Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Wennberg, P K
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Bow thrusters; Controllable pitch propellers; Maneuverability; Ore carriers; Thrusters
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Thruster performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131867
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM