CONTEMPORARY LAW OF THE SEA: TRANSPORTATION, COMMUNICATION AND FLIGHT
This paper examines contemporary international law of the sea pertaining to the movement of vessels and aircraft on, over, and under the oceans. Special attention is devoted to the recent law of the sea (LOS) negotiations and proposals. After initial broad description of basic claims and fundamental policies, discussion centers upon the major categories of claim and counterclaim, the more detailed policy considerations involved, and the trends in decision respecting each category of claim, including description of major LOS proposals and the Single Text. Trends are assessed in terms of suggested policies and recommendations are offered.
- Occassional paper No. 28.
Texas A&M University, College StationSea Grant Program, Center for Marine Resources
College Station, TX United States 77843
- Burke, W T
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: International trade; Maritime law; Policy
- Old TRIS Terms: International shipping policies
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Policy;
- Accession Number: 00131863
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Texas A&M University, College Station
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM