HEAVY WEATHER DAMAGE WARNING SYSTEMS
This report considers the nature of heavy weather damage on merchant ships and possible ways of avoiding such damage. A survey is given of commercially available instrumentation for providing warning to ship's officer that would be helpful to him in taking preventative action.
Webb Institute of Naval ArchitectureGlen Cove, NY United States
- Hoffman, D
- Lewis, E
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Alarm systems; Loss and damage; Safety; Slamming
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage control; Heavy weather damage
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131859
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-KP-143 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-4218
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM