DEVELOPMENT OF ICEBREAKERS AND ICEBREAKING METHODS; LIBRARY SEARCH OF RUSSIAN AND EUROPEAN LITERATURE (SUPPLEMENT). VOLUME I
Library search was made for literature in the field of Development of Icebreakers and Icebreaking Methods. The purpose of this search was to collect, review, and make documentation of Russian and German literature published within the last five years which was pertinent to the main subject. Special attention was given to the following subjects: (a) Ice resistance to ship passage; (b) New icebreaking methods; (c) Design of propulsion systems for icecutters; (d) Determination of optimum operation periods for icebreaker escorts; (e) Research and development reviews and surveys. This report contains copies of the Russian and German references identified in the subject literature search. Bibliographical information, an abstract, and key words are included with each reference. The references are listed in numerical order within five subject categoreis.
- Supplement to Final Rept No. CG-D-170-75, AD-018631. Text in Russian and English. See also AD-A020603.
Duke UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Durham, NC USA 27706
- Dvorak, G J
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 304 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Icebreakers; Icebreaking; River ice
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131855
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-D-13-76-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-32255-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM