TRANSIT MARKETING MANAGEMENT HANDBOOK: USER INFORMATION AIDS
This handbook which is designed to aid the public transportation professional in the development or improvement of user information systems, presents the community perspective and discusses the creation of conceptual objectives. A systems approach to user information is examined, and working with elements, modules and components is described. The various communication channels (mass media, face-to-face, public speakers, on board the bus, on the street, and distribution network channels) are reviewed, and the total system is outlined. This manual was developed on the basis of evaluation of potential aids by three hundred participats in laboratory research activities. The results of these research activities are summarized.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationOffice of Transit Management
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Evaluation; Handbooks; Information management; Information organization; Management; Manuals; Needs assessment; Public transit; Research; Social values; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values; Media; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00131850
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM