NOISE AND TRACTION CHARACTERISTICS OF BIAS-PLY TRUCK TIRS. VOLUME 1-NOISE AND DRY TRACTION FINDINGS.
This project has established a data base of noise and traction characteristics for a sample of bias-ply heavy truck tires. The tire sample, representing both "rib" and "lug" type tread patterns, was tested according to the SAE J-57 tire noise procedure and in a variety of laboratory and over-the-road traction experiments. Dry-pavement traction results show that the noisier lug-type tires exhibit traction properties which are generally less desirable from the viewpoint of their influence on vehicle response to steering and braking./HSRI/
- Sponsored by the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Ervin, R D
- Wild, R E
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 154 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Databases; Field tests; Laboratory tests; Noise; Steering; Tires; Traction; Trucks
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131833
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-76-2-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM