SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF LIGHT-TRUCK ACCIDENTS IN TEXAS
HSRI-maintained data for police-reported accidents in the State of Texas during calendar year 1973 were studied to establish some characteristics of light-truck accident involvements and to compare the accident experience of passenger cars and light trucks. Findings concerning light-truck accidents are presented in terms of temporal, roadway, weather, accident configuration, truck type, injury frequency and severity, and driver-related factors./HSRI/
- Sponsored by the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
- GREEN, J A
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash severity; Crashes; Data analysis; Injuries; Mathematical analysis; Truck drivers; Trucks; Weather
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131826
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-75-15 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM