EQUIPMENT ON VEHICLES FOR RAPID MEASURE OF HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL ROAD BENDS
The report contains a description of a measuring vehicle for rapid measurement of horizontal and vertical road curvature. The equipment is developed by the National Swedish Road Research Institute, now the National Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute for the National Swedish Road Administration. The measuring equipment principally consists of two gyro instruments, a distance-meter, a datalogger and a punched tape recorder. Measured values have been used for calculations in the digital computer SAAB D 22 of the Road Administration and examples of the results are shown in the report. The measuring vehicle is intended for collection of road data to a Road Data Bank which is under development at the Road Administration. /Author/
- Translation into English of National Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute, Stockholm, Report Nov. 4, 1972.
- Corporate Authors:
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Curvature; Curves (Geometry); Data collection; Digital computers; Equipment; Gyroscopes; Highway curves; Measurement; Measuring instruments
- Uncontrolled Terms: Horizontal curvature; Rapid methods; Vertical curvature
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00131817
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rept. No. 4 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM