INTELLIGENT HIGHWAY SYSTEMS. A SUPPLEMENT TO ENGINEERING NEWS-RECORD. SPECIAL REPORT: INNOVATIVE FINANCING
This supplement to ENR concentrates on innovative financing for intelligent vehicle highway systems (IVHS). The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) estimates that $457 billion a year is necessary to maintain the Nation's road infrastructure and another $31.2 billion is needed to improve it. Because government cannot provide all these funds, the doors are open for partnerships between public agencies and private enterprises. The advantage of this arrangement is twofold: the private sector gains investment opportunities and work; the public agencies are able to fund more road construction and repair projects. Featured in this supplement are articles that report on improving the chance of getting an "investment-grade" rating, tips on making public/private partnerships succeed, and an indepth look at the financing for the 14.1-mile Dulles Greenway project in northern Virginia. The supplement also reviews the "Building America's Smart Highways" conference, held December 1993, and presents a calendar of upcoming IVHS events.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/08919526
McGraw-Hill, Incorporated330 West 42nd Street
New York, NY United States 10036
- Publication Date: 1994-4-18
- Pagination: 28 p.
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill, Incorporated
- ISSN: 0891-9526
- TRT Terms: Cost sharing; Finance; Financing; Infrastructure; Innovation; Intelligent transportation systems; Investments; Planning; Public private partnerships; Technological innovations
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Investment planning
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00663053
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1994 12:00AM