THE "IN-CAR" PARKING METER - A GOOD IDEA OR A REALITY?
This paper briefly reviews three major in-car parking meter systems available at present: the Parkulator (Israeli), Le Piaf (French) and Setec (Finnish). The Parkulator is battery run, and Le Piaf and Setec both use Smart Card electronic technology. Factors suggested as appropriate for user evaluation of such systems are price, flexibility, security and reliability. While the paper does not attempt to evaluate these systems, guidelines are offered for evaluation in these four suggested areas. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 863556.
TRLCrowthorne House, Nine Mile Ride
Wokingham, Berkshire United Kingdom RG40 3GA
- Sedgwick, T
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: p. 12-21
- Issue Number: PA3010/93
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Electronics; Equipment; Parking; Payment; Vehicle compartments; Vehicle interiors; Vehicles
- ITRD Terms: 8525: Conference; 6965: Electronics; 3674: Equipment; 1377: Interior (veh); 955: Parking; 272: Payment; 1255: Vehicle
- Subject Areas: Finance; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00662331
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jul 28 1994 12:00AM