STUDY OF ARTICULATED CONCRETE REVETMENT MATTRESS TEST AND ANALYSIS-RESULTS OF FY 1974 PROGRAM
This report presents (1) results of field and laboratory test measurements of the force levels in an articulated concrete revetment mattress (mat) during the placement process, and (2) a structural analysis of the mat. The purpose of this test and analysis program was to determine the feasibility of redesigning the wire fabric used in the mat. Study results results show that a mattress with two (rather than three 4000-lb longitudinal wires is structurally feasible. Further, it appears that testing may confirm that a two-wire, 3000-lb fabric would be adequate.
Army Coastal Engineering Research Center5201 Little Falls Road, NW
Washington, DC USA 20016
- Kearney, F
- Prendergast, J D
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 67 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete placing; Fabrics; Mattresses (Foundations); Revetments; Striping materials; Testing; Wire
- Old TRIS Terms: Mattresses; Wire fabric
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00131685
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CREL-TR-M-94 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: IAO LMMDC FA 75-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM