RVVP-ROA (REGIONAL TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR THE NEW REGIONAL AUTHORITY OF AMSTERDAM) AND INVERNO (INTEGRAL TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORT PLAN FOR THE NORTHERN PART OF THE RANDSTAD): ITERATION OR IRRITATION?
RVVP-ROA: ITERATIE OF IRRITATIE?
Recently, two strategic plans were issued concerning traffic and transportation policy in the Amsterdam region. One is Inverno, for the northern part of the Randstad, the other one is the Regional Traffic and Transportation Plan for the new Regional Authority of Amsterdam, one of the three regions within Inverno. This paper gives an explanation of the plans, emphasizing the interaction during their development. The main difference between both plans is how they deal with the Second Structure Scheme on Traffic and Transport (SVVII) objectives with regard to feasibility. Conclusions were made about the contents of and the relationship between the different plan levels. (A) For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 862276.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- POELSTRA, E H
- Publication Date: 1993
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 963-978
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Forecasting; Iterative methods; Mobility; Policy; Regional planning; Traffic; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00662152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jul 28 1994 12:00AM