CAN REGIONAL TRAFFIC POLICY BE EFFECTIVE?
KAN HET REGIONAAL VERKEERS- EN VERVOERBELEID EFFECTIEF ZIJN?
The transport region is a new institution for the regional traffic and transportation policy in the Netherlands. The organisational and financial frameworks are changing substantially. This paper discusses whether regional traffic policy can be effective. The paper also deals with: (1) developments in administrative organization; (2) the spatial context for regional planning; (3) financing; and (4) the need for more information on traffic and transport on a regional level. For the covering abstract of the conference see IRRD 862276.
Colloguium Vervoersplanologisch SpeurwerkP.O. Box 45
- DE JONG, M A
- Publication Date: 1993
- Features: References;
- Pagination: p. 103-118
- TRT Terms: Administration; Conferences; Economic efficiency; Financing; Policy; Public transit; Regions; Traffic
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00662115
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Jul 28 1994 12:00AM