FREIGHT COMMODITY STATISTICS. CLASS 1 RAILROADS. BUREAU OF ACCOUNTS YEAR ENDED DECEMBER 31, 1974
These summaries of freight commodity statistics represent the tabulation of commodity data reported by Class I railroads under the commodity classifications adopted by the Interstate Commerce Commission in its order of September 13, 1963, as amended. The Commission's classification system provides for carrier reporting of commodity data at 2-, 3-, 4-, and 5-digit code levels. Class I railroads report to the Commission at the 3-digit level of detail, supplemented with 4- and 5-digit level detail. The data are summarized at the 2-digit level. The statistical definition of a Class I railroad is a railroad with average annual operating revenues of $5,000,000 or more. The average number of miles of road operated in freight service (single track) by the carriers represented in the tabulation is 207,628.
Interstate Commerce Commission,
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Carloadings; Commodities; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131650
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Interstate Commerce Commission
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 3 1976 12:00AM