GASTANKER 'DOLLART GAS'
The DOLLART GAS, the first of a series of four liquefied gas carriers designed by Pattje Shipyards, Holland, for Hartmann Schiffahrts GmbH, Germany, is described. The vessel is specially designed to transport a full load of ethylene cargo at a maximum draft of 17 ft in order to be able to berth at shallow-water terminals, a capability that the gas transport market increasingly requires. The length oa of the DOLLART GAS is 99.97m, deadweight is 5,600 tons, and service speed is 14 knots. Propulsion is by a MaK 9M 453C diesel of 3,000 kW at 600 rpm, capable of running on heavy fuel oil of I.F. 380 quality. Profile and general arrangement drawings are included.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00366099
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-10
- Pagination: 5 p.
- Schip en Werf
- Issue Number: No.10
- ISSN: 0036-6099
- TRT Terms: Ethylenes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Liquefied gas carriers
- Old TRIS Terms: Dollart gas (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00661919
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM