CHINESE SHIPBUILDERS INCREASE DESIGN OUTPUT
With their export, during the late 1980s, of a 118,000 dwt tanker, a 2,700 TEU hi-tech reefer and two 4,000-car ro/ro ships, China's shipyards have demonstrated the country's potential to become one of the world's leading shipbuildiers. Most of the design work, however, on these and other ships built for foreign shipowners, has been done abroad. This article discusses steady advancements in Chinese design capabilities, and the intentions of Chinese shipyards to move into the international shipping market with more of their own designs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Zhimin, T
- Publication Date: 1990-11
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Maritime industry; Shipbuilding; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Geographic Terms: China
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00661871
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM