DOUBLE HULL TANKER OF 90,000 DWT FROM GDYNIA YARD
Poland's Gdynia Shipyard has obtained general approval from the American Bureau of Shipping for the design of a 90,000 dwt oil tanker that will replace the Aframax-type tankers successfully built since 1980. The new design is described, and is based on a double hull concept aimed at pollution prevention and safe oil transport. Drawings are shown and particulars given that compare the double hull design with that of its predecessor, the single-skinned B563.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-11
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Double hulls; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00661870
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM