ANALYSIS OF FATIGUE CRACK PROPAGATION IN STRESS CONCENTRATION ZONES
The making of a sound decision on the question of extending ship service life when there is fatigue damage requires that there be appropriate experimental and calculated data to predict the kinetics of crack development under structure service loads. A method is proposed that uses a generalized approach to analyzing fatigue crack development in structural stress concentration areas. The simplified model for illustrating the approach is a plate-like structural member with uniform material properties loaded under the steady- state cyclic law.
- Journal article; Distribution restrictions apply
- Boytsov, G V
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Stresses; Translations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Stress concentration
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM