HI-RAIL TRACK GEOMETRY CAR
The purpose of this paper is to describe the track geometry vehicle presently operating on the Louisville & Nashville Railroad. The reasoning behind this unique approach to the measurement of track geometry was based on the experience of operating gage measuring equipment on dissimilar types of vehicles and on fulfilling specified objectives set forth at the outset of our track geometry program.
- Presented at the 1976 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Technical Conference, Chicago, Illinois, April 6-8, 1976.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY USA 10016-5997
- Borntraeger, J E
- HOPKINS, G E
- Publication Date: 1976-1-27
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Data collection; Defects; Gage (Rails); Inspection; Inspection cars; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Track alignment; Track gauge; Track irregularities
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131634
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: C76 456-9 IA
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM