PERFORMANCE ASPECTS OF THE HONG KONG MASS TRANSIT RAILWAY
Kennedy & Donkin (Far East) are the Consulting Engineers responsible to Freeman Fox & Partners (Far East), the principal consultants for the project, for all Electrical and Mechanical engineering and operational aspects of the Hong Kong Mass Transit Railway. This paper examines some of the problems encountered and systems chosen in the design of the railway which will operate in sub-tropical conditions at one of the highest traffic densities. The Authors wish to point out that opinions expressed are their own and are not necessarily shared by Freeman Fox & Partners (Far East) or the Mass Transit Railway Corporation.
- Presented at the 1976 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Technical Conference, Chicago, Illinois, April 6-8, 1976.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Kennedy, J A
- McClean, H G
- Publication Date: 1976-2-17
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic fare collection; Automatic train operation; Electric power supply; Fail safe systems; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Structural design; Subway stations; Subways; Traffic signal control systems; Ventilation systems
- Geographic Terms: Hong Kong (China)
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal systems; Subway design
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00131626
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: C76 459-3 IA
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1981 12:00AM