'ECONPROGRESS': CONTAINER SHIP SERIES FROM BREMER VULKAN
The portfolio of standard containership designs from Bremer Vulkan, in Germany, now consists of the BV1000, BV1600, BV1800, BV2400 and BV4300, where the numbers represent the TEU slot capacity. This series has culminated in state-of-the-art design for efficient and economic operation and has been given the designation "Econprogress," derived from progress in economy toward the more efficient containership future. Two of the popular sizes are the Econprogress BV1600 and BV1800, eighteen of which had been completed by the end of 1990. Their navigation equipment, machinery and main equipment and vessel features are reviewed. Econprogress is designed for centralized computer-aided operation of machinery, navigation and communications, based on extensive utilization of microprocessor aids for both control and monitoring function. The system allows one-man bridge operation or unmanned machinery operation, depending upon which of two modes is selected.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-9
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Containerships; Engine rooms
- Old TRIS Terms: Bv 1600; Bv 1800; Econprogress series; Engine room automation; Integrated shipboard systems; One man bridge; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00661590
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM