A VERSATILE TWO-CYCLE DIESEL ENGINE--THE EMD MODEL 645 SERIES
Electro-Motive Division has produced the Model 645 two-cycle diesel engine of 9-1/16-in. (230.2-mm) bore x 10-in. this engine, increased reliability and performance have been achieved through a continuing program, which includes a reduction of visible exhaust emission and improved thermal efficiency. The result is the present production engine which has a wide versatility in many, varied, fields of application, among which are locomotives, industrial, marine, oil well drilling, emergency standby--including nuclear power plant protection units and off-highway trucks.
- Presented at the Diesel and Gas Engine Power Conference & Exhibit, Chicago, Illinois, April 4-8, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Ephraim Jr, M
- Kotlin, J J
- Williams Jr, H A
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Diesel engine exhaust gases; Diesel engines; Economic efficiency; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Reliability; Smoking; Superchargers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Supercharging; Two cycle diesel engines
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00131624
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 76-D6P-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM