THE MINICOMPUTER--A FEASIBLE TOOL FOR AUTOMATING THE DISPATCHING FUNCTION
The use of minicomputers for automating the dispatching function is a logical step in the further evolution of mainline railway control systems. Historically, each logical step in the evolution is the result of a previous system becoming too limited to fulfill the new demands being placed upon it.
- Presented at the 1976 Joint ASME/IEEE Railroad Technical Conference, Chicago, Illinois, April 6-8, 1976.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- Morse, C W
- Publication Date: 1976-3-12
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Centralized traffic control; Computers; Control systems; Decision making; Dispatching; Human factors; Minicomputers; Process control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Process control computers
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00131623
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: C76 463-5 IA
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM